Depressed Mommy 101

Journeying through the darkness of Post Partum Depression as seen through the eyes of....me, a Russian Orthodox mother of 3.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Caution-speed bumb ahead

Ugh! Had a anxiety filled week. Just when I thought it was safe to "go back in the water" I hear the jaws theme starting up. A sty on my eye and my husband having a growth lanced were triggers for me to start a week of anxiety and endless tears. I ended up taking 3 quarters of a clonzapam on Friday and between that and church the edge was taken off. By Saturday morning I seemed fine. Two lessons here, the first being that, I may wake up tomorrow and feel crappy, I may wake up the next day and still feel crappy, and I may wake up the next week and feel crappy, BUT there will be a day when I wake up and I feel good again. Second lesson: I may loose the "rocks" in my life but God will always provide me with another rock to stand firm. The history behind that lesson is that I lost my grandmother when I was 13. She was a real rock in my life and a real joy. I never grieved or said good-by to her. I ended up going to music camp the day after the funeral. I swallowed my tears and grief as I do now. So when my hubby had a growth needing to be dealt with it triggered the thought that I could loose the "rock" in my life now. He is my rock and I wasn't sure if I trusted God with the idea of loosing him and still being ok. (No, Herman isn't dying-it was just a cyst, but my imagination runs wild) So this week I said good-by to my grandmother and released her and guess what? No more anxiety. Whew! It was just a bump and I got over it. Now I'll head over to the carpool lane and start traveling life with others instead of emotionally alone. Oh and I know that God will always be there with a big rock in hand for me to stand on should I loose the one I'm on right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home